1. Breeze Hill Farm: Acres of orchards surround Breeze Hill Farm, plus there’s a private beach on the premises! With such a stunning location, it comes as no surprise that the barn is gorgeous. It features classic shingles, but the elegance factor increases when the beautiful wood beams are combined with a spectacular stone fireplace. Host your ceremony on the beautiful grounds, move inside the barn for your reception, and close out the night on the patio.
2. Baiting Hollow Farm & Vineyard: Founder Sam Rubin planted a row of grapevines on a whim in the 1960s, and his stunning property is still flourishing today in Suffolk County.
3. Castello di Borghese: Castello di Borghese is the oldest vineyard on Long Island! Established by a prince and princess and still maintained by their children, the winery specializes in Italian wines. With the barn doubling as a gallery, Castello di Borghese is a stunning location for an elegant reception with rustic, Italian flair, and it will pair perfectly with a honeymoon in Italy!
4. Driftwood Farm: With a fantastic barn located on the property and some of the best ocean views on Long Island, Driftwood Farms is one of the most fabulous locations in the area. I love that there’s an option to host a tented reception overlooking the ocean, but the barn is equally as stunning and just as elegant. It’s also important to mention the luxuriously large grounds and horse stables. Welcome to the tip of the North Fork!
5. Hallockville Museum & Farm: Set back in a more rural area of the North Fork, Hallockville Museum & Farm is a working agricultural center. While the farm itself can easily accommodate up to 150 people, the Nuggles Barn is a bit smaller allowing you to either create an intimate setting or use the space as part of a larger reception with a tent. This is such a beautiful setting for a more laid back celebration!
6. Jedediah Hawkins Inn: Because it’s a hotel, Jedediah Hawkins Inn represents the most fitting place for a true weekend away with guests. By renting all six rooms located on the property, you’re able to rent out the Inn for the weekend. Host an intimate rehearsal dinner amongst the beauty of The Solarium, walk underneath the arbor as it’s transformed into your ceremony’s aisle, and toast to your guests and to marriage underneath in the barn complete with a wisteria backdrop. Your options are endless, and the food is magnificent.
Image via Wedding Wire at Jedediah Hawkins
7. Martha Clara Vineyards: Martha Clara Vineyards is nestled within the North Fork’s wine country, and boasts a beautiful barn that’s as lovely for a rehearsal dinner or bridal shower as it is for your wedding ceremony and reception. I can already imagine the moments I can capture for you as you exchange your vows in front of the landscape of vines before walking into the barn strung with string lights. It’s difficult to imagine a more idyllic setting!
8. The Barn at Old Bethpage Village Restoration: Old Bethpage Village Restoration is the home of the annual Long Island Fair. The Barn is a much more modern replica of the building that once served as the Fair’s main hub. Now, it features each and every modern convenience for you and up to 300 of your guests, plus fantastic high ceilings and exposed wood beams. You will, without a doubt, make quite an impression if you choose this venue!
9. Peconic River Herb Farm: Located on Long Island’s eastern end along the river, Peconic River Herb Farm is an ideal location if you’re searching for rustic gardens and greenhouses, patios and sprawling lawns, and water views! I would love to capture photos of you and your new husband in a canoe on the river on your wedding day or perhaps for your engagement photos.
10. Queens County Farm Museum: One of my favorite aspects about the Queens County Farm Museum and barn is the atmosphere. From historic buildings to greenhouses, farm animals to gardens, there are so many stunning areas for us to explore as we take your photos! Plus, there are a number of places for you to host your ceremony and reception. The North Lawn and Orchard are both gorgeous spaces to pitch a tent, and the venue also boasts a beautiful classic shingled barn with light blue shutters. Each space accommodates 200, 1000, and 120 guests respectively.
11. Salt Air Farm: Salt Air Farm is the best venue to make your dream of a garden party wedding a reality. Situated on the North Fork of Long Island, Salt Air Farm grows a vast number of varieties of flowers and fruits throughout the property. Picture wildflowers, hydrangeas, and peach and nectarine trees as your wedding’s backdrop during the height of summer and early fall. Add in a tent and a vast lawn complete with chairs and an aisle for your ceremony, and your vision is complete!
12. Southampton Historical Museum: I love when venues have a number of settings from which to choose, and Southampton Historical Museum is definitely one of them! For a more classic reception, opt for the sprawling Roberts Mansion, which can welcome up to 150 guests. For a pretty garden party for up to 200, think about hosting your guests on The Great Lawn, which also has a lovely pergola. Of course, there’s also the classic barn, and a number of houses of worship are nearby in case you would prefer to say your vows in a more traditional space.
13. George Weir Barn (c.1764) It overlooks the quiet waters of inner Lloyd Harbor on Long Island’s North Shore. Next to the Henry Lloyd Manor House on the grounds of Caumsett State Park, the Barn has been the venue for weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties and more.
Image via Golden Hour Studios at George Weir Barn, Lloyd Harbor
14. Hallockville Museum Farm (The Naugles Barn): Built in 1937, the Naugles Barn has been restored for use as an event venue while retaining its historic character. There is room for caterers, modern electric service, and an open floor plan that allows for various table sizes and setups. At 1,500 square feet, smaller functions can be accommodated directly in the barn while the use of a tent supplements the barn for larger events. The Naugles Barn has been featured in Style Me Pretty, Rustic Wedding Chic, TLC’s “Secret Wedding” show, Edible East End and Well Wed Magazine and is the perfect choice for people seeking an authentic and memorable event experience.